Thursday, September 27, 2007

and when you are lonely go to the record store and visit your friends

On to favorites...
Where I start is not necessarily because they are my all time favorite band. I think I will start with Portland and work out. Cabinessance. Love them. I have two friends that play in the band, Tim and Dave, and I try not to miss. Kind of a country punk thing going on. Best when listened to loud. Their song, "Though Start" is a good intro. http://www.myspace.com/cabinessence
And as the Mercury quotes...Cabinessence feels kind of like walking down a rain-soaked street in the springtime as the sun warms your skin and reflects off the wet concrete while shining through the newly greened leaves 'til the glow overtakes your eyes and you can't quite see," writes Andrew R. Tonry of the Portland Mercury. "Maybe like walking home after morning sex, before coffee and a day off."


Also from Portland, Hillstomp. Saw them last weekend at Hoptoberfest in Stevenson Washington. A sexy, steamy, Mississippi delta blues style. Had a blast. Danced. If J and I had been at a highschool dance they would have seperated us and ulimatley call our parents. After we went for a walk and took on Stevenson. Hung out with the smokers in front of the bar and made lots of new friends.
I am just getting started.
Another Portland Fave...Storm Large!
Spoonshine from Anacortes, love them!
Music is so much better live. I will not miss when they come through town...Martin Sexton, John Butler, Xavier Rudd, Josh ritter, Brett Dennan, Citizen Cope, Dan the Automator with Hadsome Boy.
Going back to punk my all time hands down favorite: the Clash, filling in with the Talking Heads, Violent Femmes, Suburbs, Butthole Surfers, Squalls, Love Tractor, OMD, Smiths...I am sure I will think of more later.
I like Irish Rock: Flogging Molly, Great Big Sea, the Pogues, Seven Nations and the Young Dubliners.
Others I like: Sinead O'Conner, Doug Martcsh, David Byrne, Joe Strummer, Gomez, J5, Slightly Stupid, Black Eyed Peas, Belle and Sabastian, Cornershop, Elvis Presly (but the soulful, gospel, sing lo sweet chariot Elvis), Elvis Costello, Frank Zappa is brilliant, A3, Joe Jackson, Billy Idol, Prince, Chili Peppers, Roy Orbeson, old school rockers like: Lenord Skynard, Rolling Stones, Cheap Trick, Bruce Springstein, J Geils, Led Zeplin, Janice Joplin, then there is Lyle Lovett, Willie Nelson, Marc Knofler, Alison Krauss, Robert Earl Keen, Joss Stone, Ray Charles, new to my list, Todd Snyder, Josh Ritter, Mika, ....wait I am not done

No comments: