Friday, September 21, 2007

Music

My thoughts on music. Music is a big one. If I am not listening to any it is seems like it is in my head at any given moment. It is kind of like I have a living soundtrack for my life. I think I would be more interesting if people could hear my inner soundtrack. I often want to experience the music that I am listening to. For example, I want to Put on my blue suede shoes, board a plane, touch down in the land of the delta blues in the middle of the pouring rain. I want this experience so I can understand how Marc Cohn's "Walking in Memphis" came to be and why when asked "tell me are you a Christain child" his replay is "man I am tonight". And if it wasn't raining when my plane touched down I would have to do it again. I've "danced all night with a bottle in my hand" to Spoonshine. I get it. "Forgive me Lord Cause I got drunk again" I get it. See where I am going with this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg8wRRNHFM0 Check that out.
and as they say...Some music *needs* air. Roll down your window.

No comments: