Monday, November 12, 2007

Cabaret, oh cabaret, oh cabaret


Lemon loves anniversary week. or translate that to...treat me like a princess week.
Thank you.
Breakfast in town at Milo's. The beach, that was nice. Perfectly filled days of sunshine, not getting out of bed until noon, rush to make the 2:00 breakfast cut off, salt water taffy. It was really fun dancing with you at that little bar to that groovy blues band. Funny. I liked our "quaint" hotel room. It was pretty cool how you made it where I could hold the sun up in my hands. I did my best to keep it up a little longer but it did end up sinking into the ocean anyway.

Dinner at LeHappy. For that matter dinner at all my favorite places during anniversary week. LeHappy, Jakes and Masu. I would share a steak with you anyday, rare please. Yes, I am spoiled.

And on Tuesday, that box from the bakery bar. What kind of delectable baked good did you bring me? Wait, what's this...not a baked good. An IPOD! All of my best friends wrapped up in a sweet, neat, little 4GB package encased in shiny blue metal.
Blue like a frozen blue raspberry otter pop on a hot August day. (do you like that little description? I am learning how to write.) Or I could say, blue like the water as it hits the white sand on a Panama City Beach. I could say blue like my bike but hardly anyone would know what that means. Cute how it matches my bike. Don't worry. I will not attempt to ride my bike while using the IPOD. You probably remember that little incident last summer when I was trying to talk to Tara on my phone while riding my bike. I had to break it in at some point. Too bad it was my first time on it.
Wax on! That was for you. But I do admit I am getting a lot of enjoyment out of that experience. I will visit my new friend Jeven again. That night at Jakes, perfect. Lemondrops, martinis and wine. It is fun pretending we are grownups.

And then Cabaret. What a feast. It was fun how you sent me out armed with nothing but a max ticket and a texted address on my cell phone. I was really surprised. It was fun rushing for tickets. You know I secretly want to be Storm Large but I don't think at 5'1" I could ever measure up to her 6' stature.
Dinner at Masu. (Yes, I was the girl that used to pick you up from the airport and take you here.) I loved sitting by the window. Late at night the rain was blowing sideways but we had sexy cocktails and sushi in front of us. What a work of art. And the DJ played on.
Thank you.
But don't think this lets you off the hook. I still expect you to take me to Cuba and the other nine yet to be determined places on my list. You could add Vietnam's Cat Ba Island to the list. Considered to be the 8th wonder of the world. For you, I will continue to smuggle your contraband across international borders.

http://travel.msn.com//Guides/MSNTravelSlideShow.aspx?cp-documentid=380216&imageindex=2

No comments: